Learn more about My Money Page on our website. You can download the app in the App Store.
The My Money Page team over at Gerber Kawasaki constantly works to improve user-experience. We’ve taken your feedback and focused our efforts on turning My Money Page into an app that can be integrated into your daily routine. We want to ensure that our users are aware of the features that allow users to personalize their experience, truly creating ‘their own’ Money Page.
1. Pictures have a purpose. Like a date circled on a calendar or a pictured framed on your desk, visual cues are motivating for many of us. Budgeting does not have to be stale – liven up your profile and goal pages with some visual inspiration. Are you saving for a house? Find a picture of your dream neighborhood and add it to your goal. Did you just set up at 529 Plan for your child? Upload a picture of your alma mater. Every time you log in, these pictures will show you exactly why you are working so hard to achieve your financial goals. They are reminders that these goals are tangible, and not just numbers absentmindedly plugged into a financial planning app.
2. We’re all in this together. Much like any other major life goal, choosing to invest or improve your financial situation requires the help and support of those around you. Your GK advisor is already connected to your account, but don’t you want to be on the same page (literally) as friends and family? My Money Page allows you the option to do exactly that. Inviting family, friends, or fellow GK clients to use the application is a non-invasive way to track each other’s progress. You can follow each other's feeds and work to achieve goals together. Gerber Kawasaki prides itself on having a team of supportive advisors that can understand, relate to, and advise on the situations you’re experiencing. At the end of the day, however, family and friends are the ultimate support system and we knew it was important to integrate that feeling into our app.
3. Keep your eye on the prize. There’s no predicting the future, but putting a plan in place is a good idea. My Money Page makes it easy for users to update and add goals to their profile. As your circumstances change – for better or for worse – stay honest with yourself and keep these goals up to date. Whether it's marriage, children, getting a raise, or moving into a new home, major life changes don’t just impact your well-being, they also affect the distance between your financial goals and your current state. Keep your goals at the forefront of your mind by inputting updated information to your My Money Page profile. You'll keep yourself accountable, while also providing your advisor with information that’s crucial tailoring your financial plan to your ever-changing life.
4. Hungry for knowledge? It’s time to Feed. Whether we like it or not, we live in a social world. Being surrounded by countless social media platforms every day allows users to adjust their online presence how they see fit. What does this mean to you? Through becoming an active My Money Page user, you are gaining access to a whole new information source with various streams of content without having to completely alter your online identity. Not on Twitter? No problem. Go to your My Money Page home screen and follow along with the Gerber Kawasaki Twitter feed in real time without ever signing up for Twitter yourself. The feed is chock-full of market information and commentary, breaking news and current events, and other musings from the GK team. Also on the homepage are to-the-second stock market updates – follow along with stock prices and see how the markets close each day, all without leaving the app.
5. Say ‘yes’ to being in the ‘know.’ Everyone has an opinion when it comes to notifications. Love them or hate them, in some cases they're actually important, and My Money Page is no exception. By allowing My Money Page app notifications on your iOS devices, you’re allowing yourself the opportunity to become an active, informed investor. We will never spam you – our notifications are all about quality, not quantity. These include alerts on GK media appearances, notifications from your advisor, and other important market updates we feel our clients should be aware of. As your trusted team of advisors, we simply feel it’s our duty to keep you in the know, and My Money Page is the perfect platform to connect.
In what ways has the My Money Page helped you? What are your favorite features? We are always eager to hear your feedback – let us know at email@example.com.
By Dana Moore